Experience in developing the organizational, governance, regulatory, and financial management capacity of seed producer organizations is necessary. Having an existing professional network in the seed sector is a great asset in your favour. Demonstrated understanding and experience with the ISSD Ethiopia project approach will be an advantage for candidates applying for this position.
The Farmer Organization Expert should have knowledge, experience, and skills in:
- Setting-up seed producer organization governance and decision making structures;
- Financial management of seed producer organizations;
- Accounting/book keeping and constructing balance sheets/income statements
- Developing business and/or marketing plans with seed producers
- Acquiring legal registration and licenses (input licensing, tax exemption opportunities, auditing requirements, certificates of competence);
- Working with a range of stakeholders to facilitate public and private partnerships; Read more